SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Gigamon Inc. (NYSE: GIMO), the industry leader in traffic visibility solutions, today announced the results of a commissioned survey, "Hide and Seek: Cybersecurity and the Cloud," conducted by Vanson Bourne, an independent market research company. The survey polled information technology (IT) and security decision-makers in the U.S., the U.K., Germany and France about their cloud security preparedness and network visibility issues.
The results of this survey demonstrate that lack of visibility is leaving organizations struggling to identify network data and investigate suspicious network activity tied to malicious attacks. Sixty-seven percent of respondents cited network "blind spots" as a major obstacle to effective data protection while 50 percent of those, who do not have complete visibility of their network, reported that they lacked sufficient information to identify threats.
Survey findings pinpoint three root causes of data blindness that are posing network security risks:
- The increasing speed and growth of network traffic stresses monitoring and security tools, which are not adept at handling large amounts of traffic. Seventy-two percent of respondents report that they have not scaled their monitoring and security infrastructure to meet the needs of increased data volume.
- High value information is being migrated to the cloud, where visibility is limited and application data is not easily accessible. Eighty-four percent of respondents believe that cloud security is a concern holding their organization back from adopting the latest technologies. When asked what types of information they are moving to the cloud, 69 percent of respondents reported day-to-day work information and 56 percent cited critical and proprietary corporate information.
- A large amount of network data remains hidden due to data and tools still being segmented by organizational boundaries. IT and security decision-makers are not able to quickly identify and address threats and security events. Seventy-eight percent of respondents report that because different network data is being utilized between NetOps and SecOps teams, there is no consistent way of accessing it nor understanding it. Forty-eight percent of respondents, who do not have complete visibility over their network, report they did not possess information on what is being encrypted in the network.
"Today's attackers have the advantage as cybercrime is a thriving economy and attacks are focused on infiltrating the network and stealing important company information," said Ananda Rajagopal, vice president of products at Gigamon. "It is imperative for enterprises to adopt a visibility platform that provides visibility and control of their network traffic, and one that's integrated with their security tools to accelerate threat detection and improve efficiencies."
The Gigamon Visibility Platform directly addresses network "blind spots" by offering:
- The most scalable visibility platform with up to 800Gbps of processing capability per node and up to 25.6Tbps when clustered, to meet the latest demands of the network.
- Cross-architecture deployments on premises, in remote offices and in the cloud to securely migrate high-value information to public clouds.
- An end to siloed data and tools that are segmented. Monitoring and security tools access the same data, encrypted or not, so that network and security operators can consistently access and understand what matters.
Gigamon solves data blindness by providing security and network operations teams with the pervasive visibility and control to automate and accelerate threat detection for securing enterprises and hybrid clouds. Learn more about our Gigamon Visibility Platform and Gigamon Visibility Platform for AWS.
The independent survey was commissioned by Gigamon and administered by Vanson Bourne in May 2017. Respondents consisted of 500 IT and security decision-makers of organizations with over 1,000 employees. The regional representation of respondents includes 200 respondents in the U.S. and 100 respondents each in the U.K., France and Germany.
- Vanson Bourne survey overview page
- "Hide and Seek: Cybersecurity and the Cloud" report presentation
- "Hide and Seek: Cybersecurity and the Cloud" executive summary (U.S. results)
- "Hide and Seek: Cybersecurity and the Cloud" executive summary (U.K. results)
- "Leading Obstacle to Securing Enterprise and Hybrid Cloud Networks" instagraphic
- Highlights of the Vanson Bourne survey blog
Gigamon (NYSE: GIMO) provides active visibility into physical and virtual network traffic, enabling stronger security and superior performance. The Gigamon Visibility Platform and GigaSECURE®, the industry's first Security Delivery Platform, deliver advanced intelligence so that security, network, and application performance management solutions in enterprise, government, and service provider networks operate more efficiently and effectively. Learn more at www.gigamon.com, the Gigamon blog or follow Gigamon on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook. See What Matters™
Legal Notice Regarding Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements generally relate to future events or our future financial or operating performance. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements because they contain words such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "could," "intends," "target," "projects," "contemplates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential" or "continue" or the negative of these words or other similar terms or expressions that concern our expectations, strategy, plans or intentions. Forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to, potential benefits of product offerings, goals and expectations regarding future performance and opportunity for network security and cloud offerings, the Gigamon Visibility Platform and the Gigamon Visibility Platform for AWS. Our expectations and beliefs regarding these matters may not materialize, and actual results in future periods are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. These risks include our ability to continue to deliver and improve our products and general market, political, economic and business conditions. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, including those more fully described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the period ended December 31, 2016 and most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Gigamon as of the date hereof, and Gigamon disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gigamon-it-survey-highlights-lack-of-visibility-as-a-leading-obstacle-to-securing-enterprise-and-hybrid-cloud-networks-300500882.html
Judy Kaneko, Gigamon, M. +1 (669) 600-1602, Judy.email@example.com; or Melissa Chadwick, Merritt Group for Gigamon, M. +1 (571) 382-8513, Chadwick@merrittgrp.com